No sound for action - minor

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

No sound for action - minor

Post by beowuuf »

When sidestepping to the right into a wall, there is no sound effect generated (damage is though).
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: No sound for action - minor

Post by Gambit37 »

I haven't noticed this... I get the 'huurrrggrh!' sound from all sides when testing this out.

Perhaps there's a limit to the number of sounds that can be played at once, and you had lots of other things going on simultaneously?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Forgot to reply - I checked the override file, thinking it was this i'd messed about with (there are four oofs..for the four sides with multi speakers?) but it is fine...but the no sound on the right hand side is still present....i'll check it out on a new game later (with no way to play different games without restsrting, always reluctant : ) )but it does seem somehting gamey rather than me...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The four 'oofs' are four different wavs which are randomly played when the party are being attacked - not the same as the 'hurrrggnnggghhh!!' wall htting wav.

Yeah, the multiple save slots would help with playing different games. I sent George screenshots of DM2's save interface, and I think he's considering it... :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Argh, the sound was defiantely gone when tested on level one and two, then tried on level 4...fine! Since no one has complained and i can't recreate, then nm : (

George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.08