Creature movement

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Creature movement

Post by Gambit37 »

Now that I've seen other creatures moving around the dungeon, here's something I noticed:

The flipping routine is too fast - monsters end up dancing around very quickly if they are stuck on a square or are deciding which direction to go. This doesn't matter too much with screamers, but looks really daft for worms, rock piles and mummies, especially the prisoner mummy at the end of level four. I think this should be slowed down significantly.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Creature movement

Post by beowuuf »

The flipping routine is too fast, but also the 180 option. Befroe this was a surprise manouver a monster would do once in a while that was cool - now creatures are very likely to do it. Since they have their independance it's less easy to sneak round groups, so give us a chance george! : ) Also, with this constant dithering monsters AI is now whacked..they'll walk off or not follow up attacks to easily..befroe they would pursue because they were still stomping in the direction you had disappeared in.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Creature movement

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.08