Graphical anomolies

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Graphical anomolies

Post by George Gilbert »

There are several graphical glitches due to badly implemeted sprites (entirely my fault!). In particular all asymmetricly positioned sprites (e.g. wall cracks and tiny switches) and those with a large width (e.g. fireball holes) look a bit odd when viewed from certain angles.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Graphical anomolies

Post by beowuuf »

Looking at stairs going down from the side, at maximum distance (3 squares away) still looks off

http://www.geocities.com/beowuuf/Image11.jpg

(Stairwell down is on right hand side, going left/right
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yep, we reported this two or three times already. It's showing the view of the stairs as if you're facing it straight on, not from the side. I guess in the TXT files it's probably been a case of copy and paste and it's referencing the wrong bitmap. Position is probably OK if the correct image is displayed...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

puddles

Post by cowsmanaut »

mentioned this before but RTC is displaying the wrong graphic at a distance of 2 for puddles

A-0.1.2.3.4
B-.01.2.3.4
C-0.1.2.2.4
X-0.0.p.0.0

postion B2 is displaying B3's graphic.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Drake also mentioned this, but it has got lost somewhere, about pits in the pit room (level 5) being the most obvious example of the at least the furthest views not lining up

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/beowuuf/pits.j ... its.jpg</a>
(standard proceedure...delete the last g, then replace it, should see the picture)

checking it out with dm, i notice that DM's furthest views of the pits would hug the outer edge, while in rtc they are hugging the inner edge

in dm the edge of a pit against a wall lined up perfectly with the wall, and there was only a pixel difference between.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

George, I have a template image of this somewhere with all the pits showing. If you need it, let me know and I'll email it to you or post it somewhere...
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.13