Over-encumbered Party Leader, v0.12

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Over-encumbered Party Leader, v0.12

Post by Gambit37 »

type: bug
priority: low
class: gameplay

There's a problem with the weight allocation/allowance for the party leader. I'm not sure if this was in previous versions, but this is what happens:

My party leader is Boris, who has a weight allowance of 38Kg, and his current load is 23.6Kg. If I pick up an object in the dungeon and leave it in his hand (the mouse pointer), his current load will be too high and rightly the party will slow down, and the weight allowance text will be yellow. However, this does not appear to take affect until after the party has moved a few squares with Boris carrying the item! If I then put the object down, the weight allowance bar returns to 23.6kg/38kg but it remains yellow and the party is still slow. It only resets properly if I enter an inventory and pick up an item then replace it, at which point the weight allowance bar turns grey, and the party returns to normal speed.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Over-encumbered Party Leader, v0.12

Post by George Gilbert »

I think the party max speed is only calculated about once every 15 seconds; I'll ensure it gets updated each time you pick up/put down and object.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Over-encumbered Party Leader, v0.12

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.13