How to make 'multiple' objects activate stuff? (DM/DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

How to make 'multiple' objects activate stuff? (DM/DMute)

Post by Gambit37 »

Help! This has been bugging me for ages.

Say I want to create a puzzle where four keys are used on four different keyholes to open one door. How is it done? I have looked at examples in CSB and in Iantest1 and 2 but when I try to replicate these in my own dungeon, nothing happens. The same goes for several pads to activate a single object.

Can some kind soul give me some clues please. Thanks.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: How do you make 'multiple' objects activate stuff?

Post by Ian Clark »

Add a wall object cut off from the rest of the dungeon, choose "none" as the graphic, it should appear as a pressure pad but still be on the wall... set its function then hex edit it and change the 3rd and 4th bytes to the following depending upon how many times it will be triggered before performing its function.

06|01|xx|xx|xx|xx = 2
86|01 = 3
06|02 = 4
86|02 = 5

Set the pads/keyholes which trigger it to "Close" it. If you are planning on doing a riddle room type thing, set the alcoves to "Close needs constant weight" and lower byte 3 (in the alcoves) by 2. :twisted: <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: How do you make 'multiple' objects activate stuff?

Post by Gambit37 »

Thanks very much, Ian! :) I thought I was doomed to making only 'find the key and open the door' type puzzles... now I can do all the stuff I wanted to do. Thanks again.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”