changing the graphics (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos
Novice

changing the graphics (DMute)

Post by Chaos »

Is there a way I can prevent dmute from displaying the same image for wall objects?
There must be a way. Will the Dungeon Master come forward and tell me how to do that please.
Thanks
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: changing the graphics

Post by Gambit37 »

It can't be done. There are only a limited amount of wall graphics that can be displayed per level. If you change one of these then every occurence of that graphic will become the new one. So say you change a Wall Ring to a Dent, then all Wall Rings on that level will become Dents.

Note that changing some wall objects on some levels can corrupt the graphic, so try to stick to the orginal configuration. This seems to happen more frequently if you're rebuilding a save game rather than building a dungeon.dat from scratch.
Chaos
Novice

no dungeon graphics :(

Post by Chaos »

That is a shame....I am creating a dungeon from the save game, but I did not start from a blank dungeon..So my best bet is to rearrange the dungeon with the same stuff for each level...thanks..
I wish there was another way to do it..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Freaky alcoves

Post by beowuuf »

I am modifying a saved game for my dungeon, and have the problem that all wall alcoves on level 1 (introduction) are now wall text with gibberish, and of course non-functional (except for the original falchion switched alcove that i kept around). Is there any way to remedy this?

Hey Chaos, so far, I have changed graphics for dungeons objects, and haven't had any problems (unless this alvove problem stems from changing wall rings types in the hall of champions) - as long as you stick to sensible changes (don't change wall hooks to key holes, as the dungeon may randomly generate key holes around the level, which messes up that area).
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: Freaky alcoves

Post by Ian Clark »

Try placing a square one and an ornate one and see which one looks ok, the one which looks ok is the type you should use :wink: . <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”