Explaination

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Explaination

Post by Ian Clark »

a. I have, yes, closed the main site. The reasons are some personal, some which I am glad to share. I really do not have the time - I am a student and I am seriously struggling right now so I can't carry on. I once talked about making a "new" version of Dan's site but I know I could never do it. Anyhow, there is <a href="http://dmweb.free.fr">dmweb.free.fr</a> which is a million times better than this could be (bar the animation which takes about 120 seconds to load). Sorry. However, I will be keeping the forum open (possibly a new one if those pop-up ads which take up half the screen are still here in 24 hours) so you can carry on using it.

b. The colour changed back for unknown reasons and within 10 minutes, it will be sorted, as will the time. :wink: <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Explaination

Post by Gambit37 »

Thanks Ian for all that you've contributed to the DM community over the last year or so. It's a shame to lose your site, but I can understand why you had to do it. I just wanted to wish you good luck in your studies! All the best.

Regarding a web site that 'recreates Dan's site'. I still have plans to produce the most comprehensive DM site yet. I wrote a 50 page guide to DM about 10 years ago, and I still have it, so I'd like to get that on-line at some point. It includes some little known info about DM and some good tips that others may not know. I anticipate that I'll have it completed by the end of the year. Anybody interested in that?
Zyx
DSA Master

I'll miss your site

Post by Zyx »

So sad, but I understand you have life commitments, Ian. I wish you good luck in your studies.

To Gambit: I am interested! If you need help of any kind, contact me.

Cheers