dmute 1.4 When?

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
leeb
Neophyte

dmute 1.4 When?

Post by leeb »

Does onyone know when or if its comming?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: dmute 1.4 When?

Post by Gambit37 »

Not for some time. I guess you won't see anything until next year at the earliest.

George is very busy finishing his PhD, but does have plans to update DMUTE, including many of the suggestions made on this forum, which I am collating and will send to him. However, don't expect any new version to add editable wall text or modifying graphics - these things are a LONG way off, if ever. <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 12/1/00 11:37:31 am
</i>
isamu
Apprentice

---------

Post by isamu »

WOW Gambit. You actually have contact with George *HIMSELF*? That's cool! From what I've read lately I was under the impression that dmute was dead to him and that he didn't want to be bothered with it anymore. But since you're now "in kahoots" with him, I guess I was wrong. Thanks for keeping us posted on his plans for the next rev.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Mysterious George

Post by Gambit37 »

George still reads these forums (at least, he reads the Unofficial messageboard on Daniel Durgan's site), so he knows what's going on even if he's not partaking at the moment.

Even though I have emailed him recently, I can't really speak for him regarding his actual plans and timescales for DMUTE enhancements. That's still down to him at the end of the day. But it seems possible that we'll see another version of DMUTE, so fingers crossed. <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 12/1/00 11:37:44 am
</i>
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

I'm not that mysterious...

Post by George Gilbert »

...Honest.

Anyway, as mentioned above, I'm somewhat busy at the moment (and will be for several months) so an update isn't likely soon. It certainly isn't dead as I still regard DM as very special and there's alot more that can be done with it.

Having said that, DMute 1.3 does everything that I know how to do; anything else would require a fair amount of researching into the codes etc before it could be implemented. As such it's not entirely obvious what 1.4 would contain until I actually sit down and work out what the extra data that I don't know about in the save game file really is.

Any comments gratefully accepted; I lurk about all the time, so will read them eventually...

George

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”