General questions, and comments. (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
biffo66
Neophyte

General questions, and comments. (DMute)

Post by biffo66 »

This is so funny. I can't tell you how long dungeon master hs been my all time favorite.
It's really sweet to see the interest in my ancient love. I played Dungeon Master 1'st on my old trusty Atari ST. Ah, yes, well enough reminiscing. Out of curiousity: Has anyone compiled a list
of notes, and techniques in using Dmute?
Thanks,
Ben
Ian Clark
Um Master

List of notes

Post by Ian Clark »

There are loads of notes for DMute in the threads in this forum...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

That's an idea

Post by beowuuf »

Has anyone thought of doing a quick tutorial for DMute, maybe showing how to do a simple puzzle that includes things like 'chesting' objects in chests/creatures, placing pads on pits, and creating toggle graphics for torches and switches. Hmm...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: That's an idea

Post by Gambit37 »

Part of my new Dungeon Master site will be dedicated to DMUTE. I intend to do a FAQ and a mini manual on the stuff that's been discovered so far.

However, this is going to take me ages, and as I already have huge amounts of work to put into the site (trust me, It's gonna be huge!) perhaps someone else would like to offer to help? Don't all rush at once... <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 12/1/00 11:29:46 am
</i>
MD Pontiac
Neophyte

Re: That's an idea

Post by MD Pontiac »

The day ANYONE can do a site better than <a href="http://dmweb.free.fr">dmweb.free.fr</a> will be the day I die. I thought about starting one up too, but can you honestly say you could do better than that massive and extensive site?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Let's just wait and see shall we?

Post by Gambit37 »

I have a lot of respect for Christophe's site; it's the best 'factual' site as guides to DM and CSB. But it's hardly 'massive', and there's just so much missing from it.

The site I'm building is something a little different - you'll just have to decide for yourself if you think it's 'better' or not. It'll also include a lot about DM2, which so far has not really been explored very much in a website, and a <b> lot</b> of unique information.

Don't expect it for a few months though - I have a lot to do, and only limited spare time. <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 12/1/00 11:30:48 am
</i>
MD Pontiac
Neophyte

Re: Let's just wait and see shall we?

Post by MD Pontiac »

Yes, DM2 info will be interesting to see no doubt. I myself know hardly anything about the game cos I can't get the friggin thing to run properly.

I Look forward to seeing the site then, remember when things get on top of you (as I'm sure they will, knowing how difficult it is to construct a website) you will be one of the few preserving the legacy that is Dungeon Master into the 21st century :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Well, I do this stuff for a living too, so I have a bit of a head start. :wink: <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 12/1/00 11:30:17 am
</i>
MD Pontiac
Neophyte

Post by MD Pontiac »

Yeah, but it ain't just the design, that's only half the problem. Apart from worrying does this look right? Does that? Are the colours gay?... etc, you have to worry about the content! You may think you're a walking Dungeon Master encyclopaedia, but putting it'll all get on top of you when you're in the heat of it, always having to change things here, change that there, that's not right... etc, takes an age! Then there's the worry of how to get visitors to your page? After all, there ain't that many DM fans out there these days... I sugggest registering with Yahoo! now if you can, cos stuff takes ages to appear there cos there's so many submissions. Took 3 months for my old site to appear.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Um, yeah, I'm well aware of all that, but thanks for the advice. Like I said, I do this stuff for a living - not just the design. I've been in educational multimedia development for seven years, so I think by now I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, this isn't about being a walking DM encyclopaedia - it's about doing something for my self that I enjoy and take pleasure from. If at the end of the day other people find this useful and/or enjoyable, then that's a bonus.

Why does anybody put up a website? Why in fact, does anybody do anything? Hopefully, most of the time, it's because it's something they enjoy. As Confucious once said, "If a man enjoys his work, he'll never work a day in his life." <i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 12/1/00 11:30:33 am
</i>
MD Pontiac
Neophyte

Post by MD Pontiac »

Yeah, and as Lisa from the Simpsons said, "if a tree falls down in a forest, and no-one's around to hear it, does it still make a sound?" Err, something along those lines anyway :) Hey, you know the score though, so good thing!

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”