RTC

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
LMB
Novice

RTC

Post by LMB »

It runs slow on my work PC which is only a 166 with 32Mb ram, but the game can't be that complex, can it?
The startup time is also slow (prob just my machine) It took about 1min to load?
Did anyone else get these problems?

That aside though - the game is a perfect clone, I think the graphics are slightly better as well, because running through windows there a touch smoother.

I'd like to see this go further.

Out.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Slow

Post by cowsmanaut »

Well on my Pentium 200MMX the only thing that I notice is the lag on the mouse.. but on my friends pentium 133 with 16megs ram and a 2 meg vid card it's very slow.

However the code from what George told me has not been optimized at all. Remember this is only a demo the cade was written for functionality and not speed.. I'm sure with this much support for the project George will fix these minor problems when he has the time.

Cheers

Drake
dmologist
Journeyman

just remember

Post by dmologist »

remember what the first version of DMute was like. so yes it will get lots better. ESP since DMute was made to alter something complex already and without hte source code... Alot easier then Emulation but when you make zelda classic(sorta like RTC) you can expand any reach of these things... Or mugen, 2d fighting game suport midi, wave and mp3, add as many different fighters you want, add any stages you want, alter the game settings to just aobut any degree.