Dungeons and hex doc (editors)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Dungeons and hex doc (editors)

Post by beowuuf »

I've stuck all the teamwork dungeon files in a new folder in freedirve to keep them seperate, and uploaded the half completed dungeon I'm working on (it has amber's changes in it and the maze). I thiunk I should be finished level 11 by next week as I said before...so then it's back to Ian or Amber!

I've also uploaded a new version of the hex manual with a few of the things I've posted added, plus I bolted on a tutorial at the end - comment, etc welcome.
Last edited by beowuuf on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Dungeons and hex doc

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi beowwuf. I only just downloaded the hex tutorial for the first time today - although I don't really use DMute anymore, I thought I'd like to see what you'd done...

Anyway, it's a great doc and goes a long way to making DMute much easier to understand. I have two suggestions though: First, in the section about Binary, you should definitely change the first sentence: "Binary is like decimal...." No it's not! Decimal is base 10, binary is base 2. You'll upset a lot of mathematicians with those kinds of declarations! Secondly, it would be nice to include a credit note to all the people who indirectly contributed to the tutorial by posting on this forum. That's probably only me, you, Ian, Amber and Zyx (apologies to anyone I forgot), but credit where credit's due and all that....

Keep up the good work!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Dungeons and hex doc

Post by beowuuf »

I think about binary...do some people actually know it's a base counting system? I just wanted to as basic as possible for that section, because I'm sure to a few people binary = 0 and 1 that computers use, rather than thinking it's a number. So that's why I was saying binary is the same a decimal, in that it's a number system. I'll re-read that bit again..was it otherwise clear though?

As to the acknowledgements, I was actually working on that when my hd crashed! So I haven't managed to include it cause I don't have word atm...yeah, you forgot francis there (zyx posted his comments over from daniel's board), dmologist/argentum lupus for monster generator things, and..damn, there are a few others...looks like i'll have to trawl over the postings here again : )

Anyone else I've forgotten (especially from the un-official dm board...old postes disappeared after i read them so i have no clue who posted some things) I'd be grateful if someone spoke up on their behalf!

Thank's for the comments Gambit...you've reminded me that I should get on with writing a better shorter draft at some point soon while DMute is still being used : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

other dmute pionners

Post by Zyx »

There were also Toni, Dmologist , and also, was it Twilling Peaks or something like that? (sorry it's been ages since he didn't appear on any board)