Hive Queen (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Hive Queen (DMute)

Post by Ian Clark »

I was wondering how to achieve the "stench" effect that occurs when you kill the hive queen in the team dungeon. Anyone? Monsters that explode when killed would be fab
Zyx
DSA Master

Stench effect

Post by Zyx »

The hive queen is carrying a cloned tile which is permanently receiving poison clouds. (there is a giggler in a locked room triggering the spell shooter)
If I remember correctly, you can find the cloned tile with Dmute at the south of the level.

Proceed exactly the same as if chesting an object into the monster, but dont erase the tile after the chesting.
The tile must be isolated from the rest of the dungeon to avoid bad cloning effects.

Note that the monster could carry also some floor decorations like puddles or floor grates for example, or even a trigger pad!
Just put the appropriate floor object in the cloned tile.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Hive Queen

Post by beowuuf »

Hi zyx!

There is another example in my level 11, the corridor with all the vi altars. The left two alcoves teleport the party bones into a skeleton, so that once you kill the skeleton you get your dead champion back again.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”