Nexus ;)

Talk about the lesser known games "Theron's Quest" and "Dungeon Master Nexus".
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dmologist
Journeyman

Nexus ;)

Post by dmologist »

I finally got DM Nexus... in a few day's i souhld have the files needed to copy... but the majority problewm is finding space... this stuff doesn't come small :(

there are lots more pictures in the manual... I tihnk mine is a relrease bnecuase if i remember corectly it was released in 95 while my manual say's 98.
manual sau's 18 characters plus 2 hidden.

OH i'm wrong... i thought htis was a new quest of MD but the layout save for HoC seems almost exactly the same as DM.
the manual gives you a small map of levels 1 to 3.

oh wow a personal first... I've NEVER IN MY LIFE seen ANY japanese game ALSO USE ENGLISH for picking names...

Hmm while waiting I'll scan hte manual perhaps someone would put on a site :wink:

spekaing of which anyone got idea's where i could place the "iso" files of this game?
dmologist
Journeyman

animation

Post by dmologist »

before i went to bed last night i downloaded some saturn utilites like play pak\avi\cg files anyway's i saw 3 different "cut scenes" they look fanastic... i would have converted them but.. well i tryed doing aobut 900kbps for data and the lowest i got one of them was like 50mb :( damn wish i could find "saturn" codec's(media player couldn't play them).
dmologist
Journeyman

this weekend :)

Post by dmologist »

well i tried using hte SSF emulator so far hasn't worked... nor the other working emulators... anyway's the good news is... i found osmeone selling a sega saturn again and i sohuld be picking it up this saturday ^____________^
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Nexus and other versions of DM

Post by Gambit37 »

Remember may saying that I had Nexus and a friend and I were trying to get it to work? Well, his Saturn has exploded - I think we fiddled with it too much. He's not very happy :( . Anyway, looks like I might do the same as you and buy a Saturn. Where are you based and how much will you be paying? I'm in the UK and I have found somewhere that sells them second hand for £65 and that includes modded versions, so I should be able to play Nexus straight out of the box. I still haven't seen it running yet... :(

O/T, on another note: I've been buying up different versions of DM as research for my web site. It's quite an investment, but in the long run will make the site a kind of history book about DM and all it's versions; like a product catalogue. I have quite a collection already, including the Japanese Super famicom version. Some are in poor condition though, so if anyone has a really good (mint)condition Amiga version, would you be interested in selling it to me?
dmologist
Journeyman

mod\unmod and collections

Post by dmologist »

umm i live in Portland Oregon(Uper Northwest USA) and someone put an add for a saturn. I'm paying $200 and getting the console with 21 games.

yea if you are getting a pal saturn or whatever it would need ot be mod for japanese\american saturn games. However if that pal\ntsc doesn't matter oyu don't need a mod. i have a cart that can play japanese, and htere are alot of other ones that do the same... I would need to get a mod to play cdr's however.

I'm getting it tonight.

as for collections... my snes, ect is roms so i really can't help you get the real ones, but if you want the roms sure thing.

good luck on both acounts... you might try ebay or some online shop. oh yea check www.gamesfaqs.com/import that helperd me alot :wink:

Return to “Theron's Quest (TQ) & Dungeon Master Nexus (DMN)”