DM2-How do I carry all my "stuff"

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Gramps

DM2-How do I carry all my "stuff"

Post by +Gramps »

I have a chest but cannot add anything to it while holding it in my "power hand" as my original DM1 manual states. Has this changed in DM2? I have had to leave several objects behind and my characters are stuffed to the gills with food that I may need later but have no way to carry it around. None of my characters has a backback which I guess was bad planning on my part. Anyone have ideas? Thanks In Advance. Gramps
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

In DM2 you can place/remove items from chests and bags from the ground. Click on it in one spot it opens and click on it in annother you pick it up. when it is open you can remove/place items.
When the chest/bag is in your hand you can click on it in the action section of the screen (far right near the middle) and that will allow you to add/remove items as you please while carrying it.
Hope this helps
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Drake: I placed the chest on the ground and clicked on it in every imaginable spot and all that happened was to move to a different spot. Held it in my characters action hand and was able to see and remove the original contents but could not add any item. Not sure what you mean "You can click on it in the action section of the screen (far right near the middle". Could you please elaborate?. If I don't solve this I am sure it is going to hurt me when I get further into the game and food becomes scarce. Thanks--Gramps
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It's really not that hard. Place a chest in your characters hand, then on the right of the screen - where your weapon controls appear - click on the chest to open it. The same goes for pouches and money boxes.
+Gramps

Post by +Gramps »

Been there, done that. When I place the chest in my characters right (or left) hand the wepons control screen is blank. Guess I am the only one with this problem that may be in the downloaded PC DM program. I have also placed the chest on the ground and clicked on it in every conceviable place and all it does is move from one spot to another --never opens.When the chest is in a characters hand I can open it and remove the original items from the chest but cannot add anything. This is going to be a big problem later on in the game when food and water become scarce. I have had to leave several items behind due to this problem. The backpack will only take one item, not 17. HELP!!!! Gramps
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Sounds like the copy of DM2 you're using is severely broken. So you can't open a chest, and you can only get 1 item in your inventory? Bum.
I have an ORIGINAL of DM2 for the PC and don't have these problems. The lesson here is that you get what you pay for....
+Gramps

Post by +Gramps »

Yep that is true about getting what you pay for and if I could buy the original for the PC I would in a New York minute. I do have the original DM1 and CSB disks and Manuals but have not heard of a source for the original DM2. So guess I will just tough it out and be very selective about what items that I carry. Thanks for your response.Ken
+Gramps

Post by +Gramps »

Am now able to put up to 7 items in a chest which is fine with me. Seemed that the problem was being caused by "pilot error" rather than buggy software. Gramps