Dungeon Master Extreme!

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Dungeon Master Extreme!

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok big bad question here.
First a foremost I really REALLY want to make a new Dungeon Master *type* game.

Some of the details I want in this are as follows.
1. Low polygon environment.
2. Dos and/or windows os
3. AI like DM
4. sound (FX & Music)
5. lighting and transperancies

I know a little about what I am doing for sound music and models. I've spent to years of training in animation in both 3d and 2d. I've been making game graphics since 1990.
I have access to decent equipment to make it all look & sound good.

All I need is help. Mostly I need Programming help. Then help with music and puzzles.

I'm willing to put in the effort in my spare time if anyone else is. This is a possible production piece. It could end up being packaged and sold depending on the effort put into it. It's also a portfollio Piece. Those looking to get into the game industry could put something like this under their belt. I do know people in the gaming industry.

please reply to my email here if you are seriously interested. I will show you mine if you show me yours.. :) (sorry sick joke)
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

Maybe you can find some help at the site: http://enzofr.free.fr/
+gandalf

Post by +gandalf »

Very ambitious indeed. However this looks like another Vaporware to me ? How long will it take before we see any sotfware working ? May be you can find help or a job at iD software?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

who knows if it will even get started. I'm not getting any response from programmers really.

As for working for ID well.. that would mean moving.. which I don't want to do. I much preffer to stay here in BC.