please help...CSB problems

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+vally

please help...CSB problems

Post by +vally »

i am having serious problems trying to get going with CSB...
i load CSB and enter the prison, i choose the spider creature (skagar i think hes called), Lor, the green dreamweaver guy and Plague. then i press save and put the disk called 'DISK ST' into drive B and save it. I then get a message saying 'Saving...' before being returned to the save game menu.
Now when i load up the CSB utilites disk and click the 'make new adventure' option (the second one down) it asks me to insert my saved game disk into drive B and then when it tries to load it i get an error saying 'cant find saved game'.
what am i doing wrong? i have even tried using the download that is suggested in case you have any problems but even this doesnt work! please help me, i am going mad!
many thanks, val
+Sean

Post by +Sean »

actually I just answered your post on LGD Fuji BB's, but here it is again (with a few corrections) for anyone's information:
CSB will only work with pacifist v.0.45 (or earlier, but I think v.0.45 is the first to support "line" video mode to show all the colors). Later versions of pacifist can not write a CSB saved game (although they can read one). BTW, I use TOS 1.02.
Also winston doesn't run CSB yet, but I bet you knew that.
+vally

Post by +vally »

ive just said thanks on the fuji board, but here it is again anyway... many thanks sean, ill give it a shot :)
lol, val