Dungeon Master 2 HDF Works Great But.........

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
greylord77
Novice

Dungeon Master 2 HDF Works Great But.........

Post by greylord77 »

I can't SAVE!!!!!! Please help me because I need to be able to save! It says unable to save game.
greylord77
Novice

Re: Doors Don't Open Either!!

Post by greylord77 »

Im getting angry........
+Steve B

Post by +Steve B »

Yup I figured out that the doors in DM2 don't open ages ago. However you can save it which is small consolation. At least I can. I've got it installed on my emulated Amiga hard drive and as a hdf file it saves as well. I just hope they emulate these damn doors opening however I think they're taking AGA emulation out of the next release of WinUAE 0.8.12. Bugger.
Daniel Gustafsson
Apprentice

Post by Daniel Gustafsson »

Is DM2 for Amiga an Amiga 1200 and/or AGA release?
+Steve B

Post by +Steve B »

Dungeon Master II for the Amiga is AGA only. This means it uses the AGA chipset found only in the Amiga 1200 and Amiga 4000.
+dmman

Post by +dmman »

incorrect! DM2 for the Amiga runs on ANY Amiga provided you have a 68020 minimum processor! Ive finished it on both ECS and AGA machines. I still have the original box and game as well. ;-)
lader
+Steve B

Post by +Steve B »

Oooh I stand corrected then. I thought the graphics in DM2 looked to good to be ECS. Bizarre!!
+Boar

Post by +Boar »

Hey you guys! Question for you since you played it on the Amiga. Did you have any trouble with the game slowing waay down? I still have my A1200 with an 030 accelerator and plenty of ram but I would get to a point where you had to make a jump and it slowed down so much I could never time it right. This game may well have run on non-AGA because it sure wasn't affected by my accelerator.
+Steve B

Post by +Steve B »

I don't know about any jumping and it never seemed to slow down on my machine, though it was a pretty slow moving game. Nowhere near as fast Dungeon Master. When I played it on my Amiga 1200 030 I got as far as some kind of boiler room with some ladders. I remember you had to stoke a fire underground but I don't know what that was for. I got kinda stuck there and gave up in the end. Are you past this point and how did you get past it.
+Boar

Post by +Boar »

Been quite a while since I last played it! I seem to remember the underground part with lots of ladders and difficult creatures, especially some sort of goblin who was quite a challenge. I got past this part and then was able to progress quite a bit in the castle til I got to this area I mentioned where you had to race over a yawning pit type area and I couldn't get up enough speed to progress! I really hated that, too, since I had progressed so far and had kind of mastered the use of minions. One day I'd like to replay this game, but not on my Amiga :(
+Steve B

Post by +Steve B »

I remember something like what you are talking about. It's either in DM or DM2 where you have to jump over some kind of pit and I think I remember a teleporter as well. The way you had to jump over the pit wasn't to do with the speed you approached the pit at but the weight you were carrying. You basically had to drop everything you were carrying to make it across. Maybe it is the same for your problem.?
+Boar

Post by +Boar »

Hey! Thanks for the reply. No, actually I thought of that and dropped everything. Think I even took strength potions and just about anything else I could think of -- determined that at that point in the game my Amiga just crawled along with all the active entities and such. Pity, because I had faithfully battled giants in the rain, and skeletons, and just about everything else. I've tried to get my son interested in playing it (yes i'm that old) to see if he could figure it out, but he's not much into role-playing games as such. The thing that really got me is that the 030 processor and extra ram really did not seem to speed the game up much. If I ever had the cash, I would have bought an 060, but I was afraid even that wouldn't matter! One of these days i'm gonna finish that game! ;)
+Steve B

Post by +Steve B »

I found this. I hope it's the bit where you got stuck. I found no reference to jumping at all.
Immediately on your right upon entry is a switch which reveals the key and a Magikal box. Now watch out for the moving pits that lie all over this place. You can either enter the level below or drop down a hole. There are moving doors that can crush you and two ghosts hanging around, I use the word hanging as they don't seem to have their bottom half anywhere in sight - you just have to wait till the gates open. Use the vorpal blade on the skeletons. Time your entry into each room and find some nice armour and a potion?!!. Now go back up.
Use the scout of the map to observe the moving pits and time your run to the door on the right side. In fact, I could only manage this by activating the scout eye and moving it one step at a time and following it - for some reason the holes don't appear under it. In this way, I was able to get to the keyhole and I even had time to look in my pocket for the key and get through the door without falling below. Inside you find some mummies appearing as soon as you step on the plates, despatch them with the rather useful vorpal blade. You will come to a red banner, removing it you see lots of goodies plus the key for the other door. The sword FURY is pretty good and of course you also get a guardian tablet to use.