Halk on his way...

This is an archive of posts from Cowsmanaut's old forums.

Moderator: cowsmanaut

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Halk on his way...

Post by cowsmanaut »

halk has started his way into the list of pictures being done.. guess I should get around to the adding of the bios huh?

there's our boy.. Some times you just gotta say "oh shi.... !!"

I'll post him soon and get 'round to the bios..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

cool picture

Post by beowuuf »

Hate to be in his shoes though
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Wow - I think this will be the best portrait yet! It's a really great perspective, quite unusual, and a very dynamic picture. I like the way you combine rendered stuff (the floor) with your hand drawn imagery. can't wait to see the final version.

I still like Wuuf though - that was a good one, in particular the fur which is always hard to do.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

the floor is rendered in all of them

Post by cowsmanaut »

I always render the floor since it's the most tedious to do. walls are not so bad so I don't worry about them but other than a few highlights from other light sources (like in the nabi pic and some of the DM java ones) the rest of it is all done by the computer. then I do the lighting and shadows and the character etc..

Fur on the other hand is not that hard... it's a bit tedious as well since it has to be done twice, once on a multiply layer and once on a screen layer. basically you do your chacacter as normal witht he underlying mucles and shading. Then create a multiply layer do a selection of the areas you want to have fur do a fill with white then a noise (make a lot so it's half half) then go through and start smudging (with a medium-big brush) them with the grain of the fur.. as you would expect to see it. then on the next layer you do it again but with a screen setting. Then you play with the opacity of both untill it looks good.. then after all layers are collapsed you can go in and do the edges where the fur should poke away from the body make sure it's not any bigger than 1 or 2 pixels.

(looks up at the "detailed" instuctions) heh.. sheesh, any want my recipie for a beef pasta dish too.. heh..

so anyway, might be getting that job at the college. The postition is now officially open and funded. I also got snaped up by a new games company. you can go check out their first game which is quite good.

www.yamisoft.com