gah, what's in my pocket??!

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

gah, what's in my pocket??!

Post by cowsmanaut »

Look!! I was out in the woods minding my own bussiness when this fox lept right into my coat!

Actually I'm just kidding, this is Cairo. He's one of my parents Fennec Foxes. They have two, one aptly named Loki and annother named Cairo. Anyway, he was complaining about being cold (they are VERY vocal) so I tucked him in and he quieted down aside from a few grubles.(something about wet paws and all that) ;)

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

My god! I didn't know you could tame fennecs! That's pretty cool, love that pic -- looks quite bizarre; indeed, even disturbing! So is that really you in the pic? You have a much smaller head than I imagined.... ;)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Yes, Fennec foxes are good pets. You need to remember though that they do have a bit of a mind of their own. So there is a chance if you don't keep them on a leash outside they can run off and not come back. They are very effectionate though and the characteristics are much like a cat & dog mix. The jump very high, love to climb, they can be very independant. Those are the cat charactersitics, but they wag their tails and greet you with all sorts of grunting and showing their belly when they see you. which are dog like. When it comes to their talking to you though.. they are much more like birds.. they chirp and wail. It's quite distressing because when they get excited it sounds like someone is trying to kill them. But they are just having a good time.