OH NO!! MOVING AGAIN??

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

OH NO!! MOVING AGAIN??

Post by cowsmanaut »

yes, it seems that there are some issues with the current provider and as such I have to move to a new IP. The website will stay the same but it means the site will be down for up to 72 hours at least while the name propegates to the new IP.

for people like Gambit and I.. it's not too bad since the new place has all the same stuff and even uses most of the same tools as this one. Plus it has some new tools that are cool and it has double the space. Same great price.

moo
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Could you post the new IP address (if you know it), so that we can still access this board while the domain name update is being propagated?

Thanks,
Christophe
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

yeah, however, I (and/or) Gambit will need time to move the board itself and set up anyway..so no one would be able to post anyway. as it would mean us having to move it all again.. once it is moved and ready if the IP has not been propegated to the name over all the servers then we'll post the IP itself.

don't worry I myself am addicted to this board.. I only check 3 websites religiously. take this away and I don't know what I'd do ;)

moo
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, i thought i was the only one : )

I must admit my compulsive viewing of sites has gone down a little now, but still check this oen a few times a day : )
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Tight-knit community, eh? ;-)
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Any idea yet when the move will take place exactly ?

Regards, PitD