Clones...are they still alive?

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lucky

Clones...are they still alive?

Post by Lucky »

Greetings Fellow Dungeon Masters! :D

I'm not really sure on which board is best for the responses but i'll post here for now.

I was just wondering if any of the 'in development' clones are still being worked on? It's been a while since I've seen any news form the makers(aside from deep cave which is on hold)

Other than that maybe I should get an offical SN for this board... :? Perhaps maybe even try my lick at map making or something of the sorts..
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well, licking maps is not as fun as one may think. ;)

As for the clones.. it really is hard to tell. There have been no updates. I think a lot of people (myself included) get really hyped about something and work really hard for a short while on it and then burn out as real life happens to them. Then the more important things in life take over and the project often dies...

Hopefully they continue.. but who knows
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Ain't that just the truth! DMCodex has suffered exactly that fate, and currently languishes in development hell. Other stuff too important right now...
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Sad... any results viewable yet, Gambit or are you not satisfied with showing Beta versions?

Regards, PitD
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Hahaha..I should learn to proof read more(Lucky was me BTW).

It seems to be that way for alot of us ( I have a good pile of unfinished projects as well). Life just doesn't give us enough time to do what we like to do..yet we always seem to have the time to do the stuff we don't like to do. :lol:

Well as long as they're not dead(hopefully as stated) it doesn't matter to me when they'll be finished..I've learned patience.
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
Strangely
Novice

Post by Strangely »

I'm still working on mine.
Slowly but surely...
Tymaul
Novice

Post by Tymaul »

Deep Cave is no longer on hold and is actually dead. Mystic had a problem with the codes and he lost all his work.

I am now working on Dungeon Maker and that is in production, plenty of stuff being done every week. :)