SNES

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Mike

SNES

Post by Mike »

Hi. I just purchased Dungeon Master for SNES. I was worried about getting it for my computer because it's a DOS game. The game looks great on SNES and the mechanics and maps are the same. I would like to get Dungeon Master II yet am worried about it running on my computer. I have a pentium III with windows ME and it's impossible to get into DOS mode. I've had computer literate friends try to no avail. Suggestions??? Thanks.
James

Re: SNES

Post by James »

I recently read in a magazine tips section that the only way into dos with ME' is to make a boot up floppy disk, and boot from that. I think DM is best played on a pc because of the mouse, vital for rapid footwork and cooking up spells, while being hit over the head. I've not seen the snes version though.

good luck

james
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, you need to make a DOS boot disk - anyof your friends who have an older win95/98 machine should be able to do this, or there are files on this site that you can download to make one. Note that you'll you need DOS drivers for your mouse and sound card too. It can be a tricky thing to set up, but the stuff you need should be available on this site...

The maps in DM SNES are different than the PC and Amiga/ST versions in some places.... shorter and easier!
James

Post by James »

I've dug out the magazine article and it is possible to get a dos bootup disk from Win ME, though it seems quite complicated, I don't fully understand it. It can be found at www.computerbuyer.co.uk Feb 2001 issue, tips section "Dos with wondows ME. Gambits suggestion is probably the best. But I think any start up disk you make will work. And its just the mouse driver you need. In dos that file is called mouse.com
Dos mouse drivers are not too difficult to get on the internet.
If you found a computer with dos, as a compleat mimimum you need is a blank disk with the files
Command.com and Mouse.com

Or any start up disk, with the file Mouse.com or similar Dos driver coppied.

James