What happens at the end?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chris Millar

What happens at the end?

Post by Chris Millar »

I grew up playing both Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back on the Atari ST. Unbelievable games that I will _never_ forget!

However, Chaos always was a bit buggy....especially on the ST. And finally I gave up playing it. I can recall a particularly frustrating puzzle with a pit I could only cross after some odd hijinks that threw me into some circular maze where I kept getting pelted by lightning bolts or fireballs or death knights or some such. This is as far as I ever got.

My question is: the manuals where superb at setting up the storyline...so what happens at the end of CSB?

Does anyone know?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

RE: What happens at the end?

Post by Gambit37 »

Don't know about the ST version, but on the Amiga version there's a similar ending to DM:

The Grey Lord appears in the dungeon once you've thrown all the Corbums into the Ful Ya pit, and thanks you for saving the world. Then it cuts to a simple animation (in the style of the opening animation) that shows the mountain being restored to green lands, with a star that shoots over the mountain, then the words The End appear. It's pretty dull for all that hard work...
meynaf
Novice

RE: What happens at the end?

Post by meynaf »

I have played both Atari and Amiga versions to the end.

Chaos was NOT buggy on st, it was just copy-protected and bad cracked. I had a version that perfectly worked.
The end scene did not contain any animation, you just see Grey Lord thanking you and it stops here.

But the Amiga version has an end animation. And a light bug in the 3D view.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: What happens at the end?

Post by Lunever »

Funny though, I had an Amiga version where only the Gry Lord appears and the animation didn´t appear, but then I got an original disk with the whole end.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: What happens at the end?

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, a friend played a badly cracked of the st version too...if you turned right, a fireball explosion happened that killed your party or crashed the game...one of the two
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!