Problems with Dmute & CSB

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Problems with Dmute & CSB

Post by Lunever »

I´ve got a problem with using DMute to have a look uopn the CSB levels. This worked only a single time, but then, the programm crashed somehow and since then, I´m always shown only the corresponding DM-Level, no matter what I do, although I did´nt save anything (I opened the Dungeon.Dat). Even downloading DMute again didn´t work. Any Idea?
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Problems with Dmute & CSB

Post by beowuuf »

that's your problem
csb uses csbsave.dat and mini.dat
dungeon.dat IS the DM game. Check the folder you are looking in aswell, and try again to find these two files
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Ok, I´ll try. Yet the strange thing is, that I have been looking at a CSB Level (I examined the Supplies for the quick area) after opening the Dungeon.Dat and choosing CSB-Level in the menu.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

thats maybe because George supplied DMute with a test dungeon, which has the "supplies..." area in it. so you maybe didnt even watch the real csb-dungeon^^
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Yes, choosing CSB Lvl 6 from the Dungeon.Dat and only Lvl 6 will bring up Lvl 04 of CSB. Since playing CSB currently only in RTC, I do not have an Emu-CSB/CSB4Win installed, and I have no csbsave.dat mini.dat. Can I get just a csbsave.dat anywhere without having to download another CSB and start a game there (I just want to examine, how some things work in RTC-CSB in Comparison to FTL-CSB)?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yup, the 'necessary files' part of csb4win is actually atari files, and are a seperate download.
They are small, and will let you compare things (i think it is only the mini.dat, hcsb.dat and graphics.dat)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!