Changes in game

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Changes in game

Post by Antman »

I used to play CSB on the amiga and ever since I got CSBWin I found these changes and I wasn't sure if they were mistakes or just like that an the atari
1) Infront of the Onxy key door in ROS there are normal arrows instead of slayer arrows.
2) At the place where you get the green gem in ROS a part of the wall opens up revealing a lock.
3) You can't drink strait from the water fountains you have to you a flask or a water skin
4) At surrender your possessions there is an iron key instead of an onyx key.
5) There is no green freeze life box down the long passage behind the fake wall at ROS where you fight the Deth Knights and Rockpiles.
6) At DAIN behind one the portculisas up the stairs at the Oitu place there is no food just an empty waterskin.
7) No magic map at the begining.
8) No alcove or scroll at the ROS entrance which has the Key of b
9) Crazy scroll in a chest behind the vexirks at KU
10) Crazy scroll at DAIN in the place where you have to hit the right switch to get the 'wrong right left' switches.
11) At the k of b entrance to DAIN the is no alcove or scroll.

These are all the ones I found.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Changes in game

Post by beowuuf »

Yup, almost all of these are atari vs amiga quirks
I thin kthe waterskin instead of food is random object placement, or you are remembering the opposite side (the two sides of the oitu passage have a room with food, just one needs opened up fro mthe other side)

the 'crazy scroll' at the catyl thing is actually a map with switch positions i believe, and pits : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!