I suppose I should post here...

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

I suppose I should post here...

Post by beowuuf »

...since I did say a writing forum might be cool, and I am now starting to try and write.

Not going wildly off into literature, just a fantasy novel (or three :) ) based on an idea that has been kicking aroudn for a while

Anyway, I just wnted to say 'this isn't a dead place'
If anyone has any thought,s experience etc they want to share or whatever, then there is at leats one person interested.

For myself I am amazed how when sitting down with the right frame of mind strange ideas, or even better perfect links for ideas jsut come from nowhere.
What I find the biggets pain is trying to write soemthing I have already thought of. If i have gone through an idea in my head and almost written it already, its painful almost to the point of impossible to then put that onto the screen afterwards (word processignit...its faster and my writing sucks!). Like trying to type a dream after you've woken up or somehting : )

Anyway, that is all - justed wanted to stop this forum being so dead.

I might try to write a few characters things again if I get time but need a break from the story I'm doing
I've even got a short story based o nthe discworl novels kicking aroudn here needing finished, though who knows if it will see the light of day!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I also wondered why this forum is not used by anyone and whether I should write something here, since I do some story writing (although most of it is somehow related to specific RPG backgrounds), but:
- What kind of stories would be interesting for the DM community?
- Also it is difficult for me to write not some simple posts but full-fledged stories in a language I'm not native in.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Why limit yourself to DM or DM related interests? These boards can be general boards, post whatever : )

Pity about the language thing of course - then again its a fairly multi-cultural/lingual community