Emulating DM2?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lazygamer

Emulating DM2?

Post by Lazygamer »

Well I have DM2, but it won't work on my main PC, i'd have to play it on my secondary PC.

I was wondering about the Amiga and Sega CD versions.

1)How do the graphics compare?
2)How does the music compare?
3)Are there any Amiga or Sega CD extras(or additions etc.) not in the PC version?
4)How advanced are Sega CD and Amiga emulators? Could I play these games with no emulation related issues?
5)What about speed? I have 384mb ram, a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI, and a celeron 433. Would this be enough to do an excellent emulation job?
Mike

Re: Emulating DM2?

Post by Mike »

I haven't seen the Sega version. As far as the Amiga version: The graphics are slightly different...better or worse is really a matter of opinion (I think they're not as good as the PC version...but that's me. Unless they're side by side, I doubt many of us would really know the difference). On the other hand, the music is much better in the Amiga version.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

The SegaCD version has CD-Audio music. Graphics are the same as in the amiga version.
The PC version has better graphics in my opinion.

Your PC may be a little slow for the amiga emulation with WinUAE (give it a try). I don't know about performance of the SegaCD emulator.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

If you put the Amiga and PC versions side beside, *everyone* would notice the graphics differences - they are completely different.

The PC uses 256 colour graphics and different images for monsters and most other things. The Amiga version uses only 16 colour graphics. The Amiga and SegaCD share the same images.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”