DM2 and SBLIVE1024???

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

DM2 and SBLIVE1024???

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello FOLKS!

I do have a Soundblaster Live 1024 on my computer but I cant get it to work with the Bootdisk that is downloaded from this site. I have downloaded the Default-file but I still get a message saying that there is a IRQ conflict between SB and PCIIRQ. Is this a real conflict or does it has something to do with the bootdisk or my soundcard? According to my XP there is no conflict in the system.

Thanks in Advance!

Yours Sincerely /Daniel (Sweden)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: DM2 and SBLIVE1024???

Post by ChristopheF »

I don't know the solution to your problem, but it may involve changing the IRQ reservations in your bios setup (adding or removing IRQ reservations for your sound card).
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Re: DM2 and SBLIVE1024???

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello Christopher!

Thanks for your help, I changed the IRQ position on the setup-file on the bootdisk and then it could load the soundcard. I could play many old games again with full sounds. Unfortunately I could not play DM2??? It was possible to install and get sound, but after the "interplay" screen the game craches and the computer restart???!!!
But I have gotten some other games working again so it has a big step in the right direction! : )

Thanks Again!

Yours Sincerely / Daniel (Sweden)

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”