recharging magical things

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
surreal

recharging magical things

Post by surreal »

I would like to know if there is a way to recharge magical staffs, swords etc. I know how to recharge the Numen staff, but I want to recharge, for example, emerald orb.
Randolf Boots Jr
Novice

Re: recharging magical things

Post by Randolf Boots Jr »

I have NO IDA
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Sell it to the proper shop. Come back later and buy the item back.
Randolf Boots Jr
Novice

I've done that before but it never EVER worked.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I've only tried it with the Spiral Staff myself. I guess I'll have to try the other objects.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Yes it does work, at least on the DOS version. Randy, what's the problem? When you sell the item, do you buy it back and it still isn't magical? Or does the item not come up for sale again? I have tested this process on several different objects and it works.
rubjonny

Post by rubjonny »

How fart have you guys got, if you go into skullkeep theres a room somewhere with loads of shortarse wizzards about, and it has a couldron in the middle. I THINK if you chuck magic items in it they get recharged, but its been a LONG time since I played it on my trusty Amiga ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The numen staff the lead vexirk weilds can be recharged there - block him to stop him from doing that!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Randolf Boots Jr
Novice

Yes thats what hapins Christopher, and i use the DOS ver.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

If you buy the object again and it isn't recharged, I can't help you. I have no idea what is wrong. If the object doesn't seem to be offered for sale, come back much later (about 15 minutes or so). The object seems more likely to show up for sale if you don't have it selected in the "mirror" area (where the object is pictured). For example, if you want to buy a recharged Emerald Orb, and you see that there is still an X through the picture, select a different object like a Serpent Staff. Once selected, go to the "sell table" and wait for the merchant to show up. Doing so seems to get him to reset his mirror pictures so they will be the most up to date. Then just go back to the mirror and select the Emerald Orb. It should be for sale again, and fully recharged. Remember, it may take awhile for this to happen.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I found out that it takes no time at all to recharge items. After selling the proper item(s) select one of the items you want buy back recharged, go to the buy table (note that the item in the window will still have an X through it) and wait for the merchant to get there, then go to the sell table again and wait for the merchant to get there. After that you will be able to go to the buy table and purchase the fully charged item(s)!
Ron

Post by Ron »

Let your items stolen by the little man,when he put them down,pick it up then you would find the magical things have been recharged.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”