To: Randolf Boots Jr

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

To: Randolf Boots Jr

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello Randolf!

Thanks for you answer about my soundcard and my problems (the computer that restarted after interplay screen).
But I have one question though: Is the sound blaster Live 1024 not compatible with the bootdisk??? Do I have to use another soundblaster card or another soundblaster live model??? Cause according to the bootdisk soundblaster live should work with DM2 (is 1024 excluded??)

Thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely / Daniel (Sweden)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: To: Randolf Boots Jr

Post by ChristopheF »

I have a sound blaster live value, not a "1024", so I did did not test the bootdisk with your sound card model. But I think it should work as I have included the last version of the DOS driver on the disk, it should work with all SB Live cards I think.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Hello Christopher!

Thanks for your answer. The Soundblaster Live1024 works perfect with other games (using the bootdisk), and I have better sound than ever before, so I fear that it is my graphic card or something : (

I will keep working on it and try to keep my mood on top : )

Cheers!

/Daniel (Sweden)
Randolf Boots Jr
Novice

Post by Randolf Boots Jr »

Your wellcome Daniel. And i might beablle to help you with your Video Card, would you please tll me what Brand it is and the IRQ it uses?
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Hello Randolf Boots Jr!

Thanks for your offer to help me, Im very greatful. Im not sure what is what in my IRQ list, so I bring you the whole package that is listed at the startup (I guess that was what you meant).

IRQ
14 Ide Controller
9 Serial Bus Controller
9 Serial Bus Controller
5 Multimedia Device
11 Network controller
5 Multimedia Device
NA Input Device
10 Display Controller
11 ACPI Controller

(Maybe there is some sort of IRQ conflict, two 11).

Soundcard: Soundblaster Live 1024
Videocard: NVIDIA TNT2 Model 64

When I start the Bootdisk as it is from the beginning I get some error message saying that there are some kind or problem and that the SB16 emulator is not loaded. So I changed the bootdisk in the SBlive specifications and typed the Audio to 7 (instead of 5). Then the disk changed the IRQ during upstart back to five again and the sound worked (strange....). The message was this:

"Creative Audio @ port e000, IRQ 5"

Well, this is what I can remember for the moment. I hope I will be able to return the effort at some time in the future (even if a progress cant be made I appresiate your effort, and therefor owe u one nomatter of result).

Thanks in Advance!

Yours Sincerely / Daniel (Sweden)
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Hello Randolf!

Sorry that I was unclear. The "Creative Audio @ port e000, IRQ 5" message came up when the IRQ was changed back to 5 from 7.

Cheers!

/Daniel (Sweden)
Randolf Boots Jr
Novice

Your Soundblaster Live wants to stay on IRQ 5 like ALL do. To find out if you have a Hardware conflict go to System Informaion, and go to Resorce Conflict, and if you see any tell me.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Hello Randolf!

I have now made the check in both my OS-systems (I use both Win95 and XP at the same computer), and have gotten double information. My Win 95 told me that there is a conflict between the Graphic card and some sort of memory, while my braindead XP is saying the everything is fine. I do thrust my Win95 over XP since I suspect that XP automaticaly fixes the problem. I have had problems with my XP though: spontaneous shutdowns and memory reading problems in some programs (so I dont thrust my XP).
Both conflicting systems confirm the problem but gives different numbers:

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL 64/MODEL 64 PRO (Properities)

Memory intervall D6000000-D6FFFFFF is used by PCI-Standard-PCI-to-PCI-bridge
Memory intervall D4000000-D5FFFFFF is used by PCI-Standard-PCI-to-PCI-bridge

And when I go to the PCI-thing and check it reads:

PCI-STANDARD-PCI-to-PCI-BRIDGE (Properties)

Memory intervall D6000000-D7FFFFFF is used by NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro
Memory intervall D4000000-D5FFFFFF is used by NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

(Observe that there are differend numbers in the FFFFF-lines)

Well, since Im an entusiastic pessimist I fear that this is fatal, and therefore the end. But I will try to keep my faith at high until you have a verdict to prenounce.

Thanks in advance!

Randolf Boots Jr
Novice

Sorry it took me a while to get back online. I thank the proplem can be solved, change the ones that are conficting to some thing else, but if it dosint let you, then right click on "My Computer" and click on Propertes
and try changeing them there. Or it could be that you have 2 vers of
WINS installed. If that dosint work then i don't now what to do. :(
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Hello Randolf!

When you say that I shall change the conflicting units to "something else", are you then refering to that I shall open my computer and put my videocard somewhere else??? Sorry, but I did not quite understand what you suggested me to do??

Thanks in advance!

Randolf Boots Jr
Novice

No i ming change them in the software. ;)
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Hello Randolf!

Sorry I have been silent for awhile. I have been really scared to do some kind of changes incase I will end up without my precious Win95. Im waiting for a friend to help me, he knows more of computers than I do. I will get back to you when I have made some progress!

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”