Dm2 wont run

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Danny

Dm2 wont run

Post by Danny »

ok i know that everyone has this problem but i cant get dm2 to run. i have a p3 500 with sblive 1024 and riva tnt2 vanta. can anybody give me any ideas?

Thanks

Dan
gordon

Re: Dm2 wont run

Post by gordon »

have recently tried dosbox - a freeware dos emualtor for windows XP etc - this runs some old dos games and may help - see sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox/
Watz

Post by Watz »

Dear Gordon,

I downloaded DOSBox and tried... but I don't manage that thing.
How do you did this exactly?

THX!

Watz
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

No, DosBox can't run program in protected mode; SK won't run in DosBox (at least not yet).
Anyway, I'm still disappointed to see so much threads about SK that doesn't run. I guess most Win98- users could get it to work if they run the game in MS-DOS mode. Then catch a cute mouse and it should be enough. If you have an old PC, it is even simpler. If not, some could still try some VMware thing. I would not like to see the DM2 forum a forum where it is explained the same thing millions of time. Please read older threads more carefully.
Watz

Post by Watz »

@Sphenx:

Since over a year I am reading and searching here - and none of these tricks worked. I got several old games running on my PII 350 W98, so I don't think I am a total beginner, but DM2 is still resisting...
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

That's "Windows" the problem ... (I just say that because I was blue-screen frozen when I first try to reply to this message..)
Actually, I want to say that it seems several threads are about the same problem. But maybe I'm wrong, I dont' read them all fully, because DM2 works fine to me.
If you want to know, I run it under a P3, Win98 and SBlive, and I had no particular difficulties to get it to work. Under DOS, and with cutemouse, it's fine. But I can't say what are the problem with WinXP or Win2000 ..

In your case, Watz, I don't know at which step it doesn't work. But I can't really understand why it could not run under DOS.
paul.evans92@btopenworld.

Post by paul.evans92@btopenworld. »

I have a P3 with win 2000 on it, I am experiencing the same problems, DM2 was released on both the PC and Amiga how about downloading the Amiga version and playing it on an amiga emulator Win UAE or something like that?
dungeon.master

Post by dungeon.master »

Hi !

I had more difficulties to run DM 2, but now it runs (i have win 98 SE) :

-unzip DM2 and DM2 patch on C:
copy the files of DM2 patch on the folder of DM2

-unzip "DM PC BootDisk.rar" (you find it on download area) on C:
run it with a blank disk on A: it make a boot disk

-unzip "DM PC SBLiveWaveset.rar" on C:

- use non USB mouse (it bugs after some minutes; i change to ancien mouse : runs fine)

-shut down your PC

-put the boot disk on A: and run the PC;
give answer for sound card and when you're on A: go to the folder of DM2 and type DM2

-Good Game !!!!!!!!!!

Bye

dungeon.master
Paul Evans
Novice

Post by Paul Evans »

I also have a P3 and am experiencing the same problems, how about downloading the Amiga version of DM2 and playing it via an emulator win UAE or something like that?
Wil

Post by Wil »

Those old DOS games are quite mysterious.
DM2 runs fine on both my PCs (a "new" Duron 800, an old P1).
A lot of old games run fine on the old PC, not so fine on the new one.
Strangely enough, Syndicate works on the new one, not on the old one!
Day of the Tentacle only works on the old one...
etc etc

I'm sure that with some (even old) computers, you will never get some games, including dm2, to work. Try different computers!