Champion Mirrors (DMBuilder)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Anima

Champion Mirrors (DMBuilder)

Post by Anima »

I may have missed it in the .txt's, but how do I place a champion mirror on a level? And, how do I choose which champion I want to use?

Thanks!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Champion Mirrors

Post by beowuuf »

The chamion mirror needs a) the graphics supported on a level (not necessary, but is best), and b) the actuator activation toggled around to the last option before 'press by mouse'
Champion mirrors aren't seperate things, they are just another instance of normal wall objects....

Sphenx has also stated that he has had crashes when using champion mirrors and monsters on the same level in DM (not CSB)
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

That's right, I did not explain how to do it.

A champion mirror is in the "actuator" category, placed on a wall (i.e. wall object).
When you edit this actuator, toggle its function to "Champion mirror" (use numpad 1 and 2 to select). Then hit TAB key to select a portrait. Use then left/right keys to select the portrait you want.

Now to have an effective champion mirror, place a text on the square in front of the mirror. Set the text to silent (default) (use key "s").
Of course, you have to choose a valid champion text string. When you search through the texts, it should be easy to find a champion text string.
Anima

Post by Anima »

Thanks for the help, guys!

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”