Problems using these forums with Aol browser

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Charlatan75
Apprentice

Problems using these forums with Aol browser

Post by Charlatan75 »

Hello, :)

I had a lot of problems trying to use these forums, and the reason seems to be because I was using the Aol browser (v8.0) !!?

The problems I encountered were :
- Registering : I had to try many times before it finally worked. I was always getting the message "Error - Invalid session -".
- Changing profile : same problem "Error - Invalid session -".
- Log In : I could enter my username and password but most of the time it did not work. On the Forum index page the "Log in" button was still saying "Log in" instead of "Log out [ Charlatan75 ]". And in the bottom of the Forum index my name appeared as if I did successfully log in (I wonder if I was not considered at the same time as a guest and as a registered user, or something like that... hmmm... in this case, maybe I could have created an army of virtual clones :)))
- Posting : always the same message "Error - Invalid session -".

I tried many things, like changing the parameters of the firewall, deactivating it, changing the internet options... nothing worked. At a last resort I simply tried to use the Internet Explorer instead of the Aol browser and "Miracle!" everything seems to work fine! Did someone else encounter the same problems with Aol browser? Is it a known problem?

- Charlatan 75 -
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

was likley our server and not you.. I've been getting it recently too and I've never had problems untill just recently. if it persists.. let us know.

mo
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Charlatan,

I have been having the exact same problems, so if this posts it will be because I have changed to Explorer too (and will be my first post in these forums, so hello all!)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Ander after that little success, I would say it definately is AOL that is problem.