wow.. almost a year

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

wow.. almost a year

Post by cowsmanaut »

Was just rooting around and noted that that this board was put up in Jan 2003.. and we are closing in on Jan 2004.. I tried to confirm that with the admin account which was the first added user to the board which would show the exact date we came online.. however it seems that was done a few years before I was born.. Jan 1 1970... uhm yeah. :)

I guess all the integration of other forums and users into the folds here somethings got a little buggered along the way.. my user profile says something about jan 2000 I think... Which would have been my user account from the EZboards I think..

Anyway, I was just marveling at the fact it's been a year and it's still doing well. Thanks to everyone who keeps it moving! May we all keep this going many more years! Heck I think I've been following these various sites since 1999 I think it was on that old message board.. what was it called? the unofficial DM BBS? (shakes head) 4 years I've been poking around and the game itself is from back in 87! 17 years I've been a fan! OMG.. Perhaps if I can find them.. I'll share some graphics I did for a planned DM like game I started working on in 1991. hahaha

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Woo hoo -- I can't believe it sometimes either! (I also, ahem, can't believe I still haven't got my DM website up yet, but that's another story!) I remember finding the unofficial DM site back in 1999 and being so excited that there were still people like me out there -- what little I knew! Watching RTC grow from a simple maze generator into a fully fledged game over the last three years has been amazing too. Long may it all continue! :D :D :D

As for dates on this board, they are all a bit screwed. I realy don't know what happened, especially to users' joining dates -- I'm sure most of them are wrong. I probbaly messed something up somewhere along the line... oh well, hope no-one minds too much.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, i rememebr finding the dm board, thinkign it wasa german board because the first post was in german, and never comign back to it until i came throug hdaniel's main site a while later, havign found dmute when looking for DM to download!

and yes, watchign al lthe little things - more and more dungeons developing from the few originally, the clones and editors, seeign thigns thought not possible in editing and so on becoming possible..the growth of RTC is definitely up there too : )
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I'd like to add CSBwin and CSBuild as well. It has been in the shadows for a while but especially with all the changes that have been made by Zyx' requests for mechanisms needed/wanted in Conflux II there have been a lot of changes (de-cloning, text search, character advanced options and lots more) and it's great fun to both play or analyse games with CSBuild. I'd like to add "create" as well, but I did not try so far. One day...

Regards, PitD