Alright, need a little help getting DM2 started

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Locke

Alright, need a little help getting DM2 started

Post by Locke »

Hey, everyone...I'm new to the forums.

So, I installed DM2, but now I have to run the setup. Now I have troubles dealing with this :? The sound on my computer doesn't work, and I also don't have any of the sound/digital cards or whatever the setup lists.

What do I do? I tried just selecting a few to see the result, but when I selected OK I couldn't proceed. Any advice would be REALLY appreciated.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Ok then,

First off, what operating system are you running, DOS, Windows 95, NT, Xp?

DM2 is an old game and runs best on its own little DOS partition.
Regards,

Andy
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Is there a way to get DM2 working with sound? I know it's been a consistent problem with everyone that's tried. I just wondered if anyone had figured it out yet. I remember that it worked when my dad first ever installed it (think that was Windows 95) on a previous computer, but later deleted it but when he reinstalled it again a few months later the sound didn't work even though it was still the same computer.
We have Windows ME now...anyone got any solutions or is this still one of those great unsolved mysteries?
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

When I bought my machine 3 years ago it had WinME delivered along, but it caused trouble so often that I decided to downgrade to Win98SE.
But even there I did not manage to make my VIA onboard sound work in MS-DOS.
Now 2 weeks ago I've changed to WinXP and I am content with it, but I have not yet tried to make DM2 work there.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.