Drawings and game

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
zoooom/sigi

Drawings and game

Post by zoooom/sigi »

hello there!!

i want to do a pen and paper dungeon master-like game or card game
(i know dm is more suited for the computer ;and there are of course the copyrights)
So maybe forget about that, because i would have to convert as much original formulas as possible into dice form.... painting cards with items to
stick onto them or sth. like that....

doing a round based dungeon master game on the computer (in contrary to the original real time flair); and of course contributing somehow to the clones...

I´ve made small scribblings on graph paper over the years (some of it is not too bad, but i don´t use colour at all, and i usually draw very small...)
Someday i´ll scan some of it and pump them up onto a webpage; that´s better than letting it all rott uselessly in boxes
well , as i said i have to scan them in the first place...
ok. that´s it .
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

you should remember that games like dungeon master are based on the pen and paper games like dungeons and dragons. So much of what exists in DM can be done in the manner of the old style DND.

Granted there is the added aspect of spells being memorized by the player and cast at whim. however a well based dungeon with decent puzzle can all be done much the same way.. hit's and damage are all calculated with basic arithmatic like DND. it's all just much more immediate.

anyway.. just thought I would share my initial ideas with you :)
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

That took me ages :
After thinking about it all and realizing that dnd and the medium paper
would not neccessarily be a suitable system for dm, I think 'll better use
one of the Editors, where you can build "dungeon_master-dungeons.

That will be more useful, I deem.