Dungeon Master 2 AMIGA Installing Problem *No Skulkeep Icon

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
BazzaBW

Dungeon Master 2 AMIGA Installing Problem *No Skulkeep Icon

Post by BazzaBW »

Installed WINUAE 0.8.23 and Obtained workbench 3.1 & kick 3.1

Created Hard Drive

Installed DM2 using the 6 ADF files obtained from enclopedia site
Then when installation finished i look in hard drive then in DM2 folder
and guess what ... NO SKULKEEP ICON

CAN ANYONE HELP !!!!!!
mrjingles@japan.com

dm on pc

Post by mrjingles@japan.com »

hello, do you know where to folder called "dm2_sk_install1" and "dm2 install" are? i have found the 6 .adf files and can get the purple boot screen, but no further. please help me. cheers
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I had this same problem, ChristopheF told me this is how you fix it, use WinUAE v0.8.8 for installing DM2, then use version 0.8.17 or later to play the game
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Don't know if this will help, but here's the icon file. Just copy it into your DM2 folder (where you installed it under WinUAE):

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/matt_hill/SkullKeep.info
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

mrjingles@japan.com,
hello, do you know where to folder called "dm2_sk_install1" and "dm2 install" are?
you have to put the 6 *.adf files in the floppies (floppy?) folder, then launch WinUAE, click on the floppies tab and make sure workbench is listed as well as the first adf file.

Once the install asks for the next disk, press F12, click on the floppy tab, and 'eject' the first install disk and add the next, and then click on OK. Don't eject the workbench disk.

Do the same for the rest of the disks.

I found that if I installed a folder for the program to install new files to by going to the Hard Drive tab and maping a new folder under WinUAE and giving it a drive letter of Z and a name of Games. Then I was able to install it properly. Remember to save your settings before clicking on OK or you may loose this setting.

If you are still having problems, go to Encyclopaedia site for instructions on how to install DM2 or to the WinUAE site for more info on it's setup.

Relig 8)
mrjingles@japan.com

thankyou. i will try your solution.
mrjingles@japan.com

RELIG YOU GENIUS

YOU GENIUS. I have managed to install and play dungeon master 2 for the amiga on my PC. It has full sound and graphics. The game is a bit slow and the graphics are not as good as i thought they would be, but it works. Thankyou very much.
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

Good to hear it's working for you :wink:

When you have the game running, press F12
then you can change the settings by clicking on the display, RAM and the CPU tabs.

Once you find a good combination, press F12 again and click on the Configurations tab, and save it!

I haven't found a good setting yet for DM2 so I can't help you there but you may find it a bit faster if you up the CPU to 'fast as possible' and change the display to a 32 bit setting.

Have fun!
neo-cube
Neophyte

excellent

Post by neo-cube »

i also followed your advice given to mrjingles and i have also managed to get dm2 to work using my pc. thankyou. :D
i am now trying to get the pc version of dm2 to work on my computer. any suggestions? :?:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Follow the thread about using dos-box to play DM 2 just down fro mthis one
neo-cube
Neophyte

dosbox

Post by neo-cube »

sorry :? , but i am still non the wiser on how to install dosbox and how to get dm2 to work.works. :oops: