emoticons

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

emoticons

Post by cowsmanaut »

http://www.atforumz.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies

anyone like these? maybe I should make some more DM related ones.. Like the Chaos and the dragon I did already?

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Blimey! Excessive! I think these are a bit mad and unnecessary.
Who the hell needs to express themselves with a picture of robobart? Plus some are way too big and I would hate for this board to get clogged up with massive smilies that are largely pointless.

Personally, I think the ones we have here are fine for the bulk of expressions. DM themed ones might be nice though.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

They are ok the way they are, you do not have to alter them. :)

However, if you do feel like they need some refreshing or if you like to do it, then go on.:o

What you could do is colour some of the emoticons differently (orange blue white;:wink:
newexample : green sick/fedup smilely;spinning/blinking gold coin)

The ones you already did (lord chaos waving&dragon)for special anouncements, like when a new custom dungeon or new version, ect is announced or comes out.
:roll:

I think as long as their meaning is clear,or generally known for a special event, and if it suits this forum new emoticons would be an addition.:D

Or do you intend completely new ones?
Here are all :
:) :o :roll: :wink: :D :( :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: regards, sigi aka zoooom
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

my intention was to make all new ones based on DM.. however I was wondering if any of those would be worth while in a DM theme. Not taking those ones specifically. Does that make any sense?

moo
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

It would make sense to alter some of the emoticons to look more fantasy like, not neccessarily dm( if i understand you correctly there)?

So instead of the bulb you would add a candle;
instead of sunglasses you would add a cloak of night?
in the very happy one you would take out one teeth..

so you propably wanna ged rid of the modern stuff, but these things do not disturb so much, since there are topics concerned with computer configuration,ect. also, so maybe a computer device or plugged cable emoticon would also suit this forum-
for each section different emoticons won´t work,so i think there has to be made a compromise.
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

I think it would be also be nice to have some DM related emoticons and possibly animated ones on the Raven forum site.

They have a really funny one that has something that looks like Darth Vader and Luke fighting with lightsabers. Darth hacks off Luk's hand and then holds up a sign that says 'dad' and then Luke starts crying...

Too funny!! :lol:

Relig