UAE (DM2)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MonoSex

UAE (DM2)

Post by MonoSex »

Hi.
I recently installed WinUAE.
It works, finally i can play DM2.
But.. it's rather slow on my Celeron 667Mhz.
I there any way i can speed it up?
I'm on XP.
Radagast

Re: UAE

Post by Radagast »

first : Buy a better CPU (XP 2000+ are really cheap nowadays....)

Second : Stop playing with amiga, amiga sux, atrai ST is far better :)

Third : there are working versions of DM2 for PC on this site, you could try , even though Im not sur they work with XP
MonoSex

Post by MonoSex »

2. Huh, is there DM2 for Atari? I think not ;)

3. DM2 for PC requires DOS, it won't work with XP. I can't use startup disk too, cause my system is NTFS.

Amiga ruleZ.
mrjingles@japan.com

dm2 download

Post by mrjingles@japan.com »

where did you download dm2 from? thankyou
OpTiMaL
Novice

Post by OpTiMaL »

Tymaul
Novice

Post by Tymaul »

"2. Huh, is there DM2 for Atari? I think not ;)

3. DM2 for PC requires DOS, it won't work with XP. I can't use startup disk too, cause my system is NTFS.

Amiga ruleZ."

I agree that amiga is better than atari as a computer, however atari was basically the starting point for dungeon master.

If you are attempting to seem witty with that second comment youve failed, Dosbox can be used on the PC to play DM2 on XP and 2000.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

DM2 for PC works in the dosbox emulator under XP since the latest version 0.61: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net
There is a thread on these forums about this: http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=23483
WolfHeart
Apprentice

Post by WolfHeart »

Radagast wrote:first : Buy a better CPU (XP 2000+ are really cheap nowadays....)

Second : Stop playing with amiga, amiga sux, atrai ST is far better :)

Third : there are working versions of DM2 for PC on this site, you could try , even though Im not sur they work with XP
I presume your talking about Amiga emulation and not the Amiga it's self. As an Atari owner of both 8bit and 16bit upto and including the Falcon the Amiga is a better system. I dont regret buying all the Atari computers and I have enjoyed them greatly but the Amiga was by far the better of the two systems in my opinion.
Sandman
Apprentice

Post by Sandman »

Don't forget there were times when Amiga was way better than PC!
WinUAE is pretty heavy on hardware (as DOSBox is), there was not a game running smooth on my old 450 MHz! This is not the case of DOS version of UAE (or Fellow), but since everything needs NTFS today, it' pretty useless. This all sux, we need to buy new comps :cry: ...
But besides all, I consider WinUAE our only Amiga hope.
creating balance since 1987