Read posts indistinguishable

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Read posts indistinguishable

Post by Lunever »

Hmm, I noticed repeatedly, that if I use the "View posts since last visit" function to see, what new posts there are, but do not have the time to read through all of them, on my next visist all these posts, whether read or not, will not only be removed from that list, but will also shown as being read in the forum, so there is no way to tell, which posts I had to leave unread. That's very annoying. Is that a problem of the forum software or of my browser?
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

to avoid this, I always use multiple windows from the "View posts since last visit" page, opening the post in new windows (or tabs) .
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yes, this happens no matter what
If you browse away or get cut off, etc, then unread posts are marked as read on your next session

I notice a bug that if you check your private messages, your unread posts become read too!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Is there anything we can do about it generally instead of circumventing this problem individually?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i've seen also that some people have name changing like fallenseraphin to deathscream... seems appear only on recent accounts
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

My name depends on my mood... wich should tell you how i feel right about now :x
" Never Fear Death, Embrace It As You Embrace Darkness... "
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, this is an annoying 'feature'. I'll look into it (briefly), but as with most of things, I would prefer to fix it when we upgrade to the newest version of phpBB...