Remarks on CSB for Windows

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back for Windows and Linux, an unofficial port of Chaos Strikes Back to PC by Paul Stevens, as well as CSBuild, an associated dungeon editor.

Moderator: Zyx

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dg2
Novice

Remarks on CSB for Windows

Post by dg2 »

Hi all,

I just tried CSB for Windows and I warmly congratulate the authors of this wonderful game. I would like to bring to your attention a list of minor bugs that I have noticed:

1) After having died or commited suicide, when I load a savegame, I hear the sound of the screaming characters. I am not sure to hear it at the moment they die, however.

2) If the game is on and if I do nothing and let screensaver start, when I go back in the game, I see the Windows XP mouse pointer (the white arrow) above the CSB one (the blue arrow or blue hand)

3) This allows me to see that when I move the mouse very fast, the CSB pointer is a bit late. This is not annoying unless some very specific circumstances when you need to go very very fast. For example, in the first room of the DDD there is an alcove with a flask inside. If you take the flask, it opens a trap under your feet, but if you are very fast, you can drop the flask in one of your character hand, get the item that was in this hand and put it in the alcove. The trap will still open but it will close immediately afterwards. I cn still do that but I have no time to step back aafter, so that I have to kill the big dragon below. On my Atari ST I could do everything without falling in the trap, so maybe the pointer is a bit too slow here (or maybe I am too old ?)

4) There are some items which are hard to get. I mean that when they lie in the dungeon, the region of the screen where you can click to pick the object does not seem to be very large, or does not correspond to the pixels where the item is. Again, when you do not have much time this is a bit annoying.

Return to “Chaos Strikes Back for Windows & Linux (CSBWin) / CSBuild”