The Invisible Walker

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sphenx
On Master

The Invisible Walker

Post by Sphenx »

Have you ever found him? There is an invisible walker in DM2. Some of you can remember where he is?
Christopher

Re: The Invisible Walker

Post by Christopher »

What do you mean "ever found him"? He's invisible! Ha ha ha. (sorry) You mean the soul\ghost in the crypt that opens the gates? There is no way to kill this thing and if I remember correctly, you can't see it using a magic map. All you can do is listen to it and wait for it to open the gates you want to go through.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Just right, you know him. Mmh.. if I am right, there are also 4 other invisible monsters in the game. But I'm quite sure you also know which they are.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Not really, unless you mean the Ghosts (hovering bony torso monsters), in which case there are three in Skullkeep and two or three in the crypt. You can kill them the way you would kill any non-material monsters, but only when you see them.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

No, this time, I talk about invisible entities that make no noise, that cannot attack, and can move. I think you will find which they are.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Here was me thinking it was all giggle activated!
Cool!

Hmm, i can't think of other puzzles just now
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Nope, I was thinking like you first, but there is really an invisible monster that can open any door. In the crypt, there are some 'monster walls' to force him stay in the doors array.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Lol, giggle activated? That's a good one. If you mean the Imp then nope (as you now know). In my walkthrough additions I've included a spoiler on killing the Imp which is done very easily since he doesn't move unless you are in his area. The spoiler would still work even if he did move any time.
I don't know about the other Invisies. If I can't hear or see it, I don't know that it exists. Where are they?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

BEHIND YOU! : )

Giggle activated - in CSB the laughing pit it actvated by a giggler randomly running around in a sealed room. It's a cunning method of making a random timing effect you can see in a few dmuted dungeons

hmm, it would seem to be a sub-type of the guardian, wouldn't it (can open any door, you can stand on its square)
I can't think of any other random effects....

Oh, except the guard minions - i know they come through ZO areas, but how do they get activated - any clues?
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Well, there are 2 couples of those monsters. They are invisible, but when they move, you can actually see a visual change, what could make you believe this change is the monster himself.. hum.. they are in the crypt and in skullkeep. Moving pits, moving teleporters? They have the same number type! They are totally identical, and behave like they were moving "need constant weight" actuators!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

The evil guard minions, you've never seen them created? An attack minion will come from a portal and fly to the guard destination and transform into a guard minion. It looks kind of neat. Sort of the same process for making the Archer Guards in Skullkeep; an attack minion comes and then transforms into an Archer Guard. Do you want to see this? Well, if you do, go to the water\fire valve room and drag along some Giant Torches or Tables or Reflectors and place them to surround the portal (don't put an object in the way of the portal or it won't work, the minions will move it out of the way). Once the portal is blocked go away and come back later. Once you see an attack minion trapped, remove one of the objects blocking it and follow the minion. It's like magic!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

oops, meant attack minion, and LOL that is sooooooooo cool!
no, i've never seen that happen, i must admit i just thought guard minions were just being generated at the spot they are on

And strange, fair enough pits and teleporters 'transport' you to different places, but the pits need to allow ropes to be used on them and inflict damage, so you'd think they would be kept seperate for ease of coding those effects

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Well, as far as activation, I assume it is timed or something, like possibly the other monsters. The Thicket Thief that regenerates can do it when you are right infront of where he appears, so it isn't triggered. Axemen can jump on top of you. I haven't taken time to see if they regenerate after a certain amount of time but I imagine that is the case, just like Mana Blossoms reappearing or Bainblooms. Mana Blossoms appear much sooner then a Bainbloom does so the timing for each object would be different. If the attack minions are activate by the Zo portals, then I imagine the portals have a time limit to regenerate, then probably the attack minion regeneration time continues where it was at when the portal was closed, or starts over. All this is just my theory. I really have no clue.
Still, some monsters must be triggered by hidden preasure pads, like the first evil attack minion you come accross. It couldn't have always been there because minions seem to have a sort of constant HP drain. And it comes only when you enter that area past the tree arch. Or the Thicket Thief that appears in the Sun Clan Village after you go in the first Thicket Thief area.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Indeed, I've found there is a Thief generator in the Sun Clan Village, but I still don't know what triggers it. Something different: in DM2, the monster generators are in walls, and target the destination for the generated monster.
Seoub

Post by Seoub »

Hey !?

I've just found an invisible foe at the Lizard-throwing-slayer place !
It is carrying a chest ! with a fuse inside !!!

Do you believe me ?
Is there any other invisible monsters ?
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

This is not an invisible foe, just a stupid flying chest! Or at least that is what I think...
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

It's probably treated as a monster, because you have to destroy it to get the chest. It's probably a monster that looks like a chest, and when you kill it it spawns a chest with a fuse inside.
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

Yep, the monster is not invisible. Its just an animated flying chest. Like, the kind that are found in... the land of living flying chests. I thought it was odd. It seemed, well, out of place. Kinda random.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

It's been decided pretty much unanimously that the puzzles in DM2 are not as clever as those in DM1, especially since the two games don't share the same premise.

Sorry my picture is broken. My web server has been down for quite some time.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”