Monster Generator doesn't work properly in DMJava?

This is a forum for the DM clone DM Java created by Alandale. Note it also has it's own set of forums at ezboard (link stickied)

Moderator: alandale

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos Awakes
Artisan

Monster Generator doesn't work properly in DMJava?

Post by Chaos Awakes »

This is annoying :(

Editing my dungeon, which has custom monsters in it, in DMJava, I tried to place a monster generator on the floor.

In the Monster Generator Edit box, at the top, there is a dropdown combo box for selecting to generate 1,2,3,4 or random amount of monsters. Next to this is the name of the monster being generated and a button that says "Edit" to change the monster being generated.

The monster says "SoulDrinker" which is a monster I don't want (Isn't even in use any more in my game), so I press "Edit" to change it and nothing happens. The edit button doesn't work. I can't change the monster generated by the generator!!!

Help!!! Is this a known problem?
Chaos Awakes
Artisan

Post by Chaos Awakes »

I solved the problem.
It seems that the DMJava Editor brings up the last monster generated when a new monster generator was placed, and there was a problem with the last monster placed (I'd deleted it).
So I clicked an existing monster generator that generated something else, pressed OK and then everything was fine!