Text based roleplaying/hack-n-slash

Discuss your creative projects: game development, writing, film making or any thing else, fantasy related or otherwise! Talk about art you like, display your own artwork or stories, or offer help and insight.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
BloodFromStone
Expert

Text based roleplaying/hack-n-slash

Post by BloodFromStone »

I know a decent number of you are roleplayers to some degree, and, obviously, gamers of a sort, so I thought I would throw this up here.

http://imperium.genesismuds.com/

It's a MUD that I work on as a builder. For those of you who haven't heard of MUDs, they're essentially text-based fantasy (Generally) worlds that you can go around killing monsters in, levelling up, and getting better equipment, and do some roleplaying along the way. It's a lot of fun if it's your sort of thing, and we're in need of a population boost. Check it out if you have the time, and feel free to ask me any questions. :)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I remember playing text based RPGs on the Acorn Electron when I was 6! I'll have to give this a look over. Too much choice nowadays, back then it was just a few games, 5 mins to load etc etc...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Started playing it last night and got pounced on by an Immortal and a Guide within erm...30 secs lol...is cool so far, and good timing in tellin gus about it since I can't really play anything else till Dad figures out what installing DOSbox did to fook up the computer...
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

I'll check it out later when I've finished all these assignments. I remember Granny's Garden at school on ye olde BBCs. Although that's technically not a pure text-based RPG, it had 8 colour pallete pictures as well. Those were the days...