Started playing DM2 again! ^.^

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Started playing DM2 again! ^.^

Post by Sera »

yup, i finally got my WINuae working again, and woot i found a save game file, a solo torham game, along with wielding the vorax and exymysr and woot at mithril mail for armor, where did that come from o.o, and looks like i got a tech shield and blue steele in the inventory along with those.

ah well i might as well show my current stats and the rest of what i got

<< master fighter
expert ninja
expert priest
expert wizard

i have full fire armor and fury in the room you start with, covered by the sun crest, a little collection of mine. a money box with 28 blue gems, woot, and a load of empty chests and bags under the table... and woot at this, i got 3 glops in my ressurection room o.o for some reason i didnt want to kill them, but keep them instead, dont ask, i havent touched this game for 2 years now =P
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

I've never really played DM2, didn't feel the same to me. Started to play a bit but then got bored, I suppose it was the half step and cartoony monsters on the PC version, it just went so damn slooooooooooooow.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

hehehe, allow me to enlighten you, and everyone else who doesnt know about it... the mithril hosen! incredibly light footwear and it eliminates the half step! thus giving the reason why im wearing mithril armor in the first place! hehehe, im a genius *cackles* uh... ignore the insanity, its getting to me it seems o.o, you were right paul.

anyhow another thing for you pad, dont like the cartoony PC version? download winuae and get the amiga version like i have, not cartoony, which is much better, and no silly dos mode, can just run it straight from windows, runs great for me ^.^
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

The hosen eliminates half-step? I thought that was just a game mechanic. Silly me :P Hmm, I did install DM2 onto the A1200 once but forgot about it... I'm sure it's still lurking around on WinUAE somewhere. I'll have to try it next week and report back (assignments to do you see). :
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

righto, ill keep a look out for any further posts from you here, also, before i forget, take note that if your weight turns yellow, youll revert back to the half step, so always keep a light load to stick with a single full step
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

I used to play DM2 and downloaded it again - just in case I get really really bored.
But I also never really got into it. I don't remember ever completing it. It just didn't have the same feel as DM. Also, the game play is different: you can't walk - or should I say, move forward - in the same smooth way you do with DM.

Also, I find some of those enemies rediculously difficult and that it's only nighttime doesn't make it any better. I can't see a darn thing ! LOL :lol:
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

valderra if youre talking about the half-step, im gonna bite you, ive explained what removes it =P just buy the hosen
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Did you notice the repetition too?

Did you notice the repetition too? ;)

I don't find the enemies that difficult, especially now you can use both hands aswell.
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

indeed, when i noticed that you could use both hands, made me feel happy ^.^
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

I take it then that shields now have a valid use!
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Sera wrote:valderra if youre talking about the half-step, im gonna bite you, ive explained what removes it =P just buy the hosen
Sorry, didn't read about those mithril hosen. LOL Anyway, on the whole I am not too keen on playing DM2 - I just prefer the original game, that's all. :wink: But I do like to go into the shops and haggle with the guys in there. LOL
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

ah haggling, getting the stuff a little cheaper ^.^ i love doing that too, but what annoys me is when they just stand and think for so long maybe for about a minute or 2, then say no o.o
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

Then you throw a stick at his face, he calmly walks off and you get a fireball up your *ahem*

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”