Off to Euro Disneyland

A forum to introduce yourself and chat to others. Also includes community announcements.
Newcomer? Please read the forum description.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Valderra
Artisan

Off to Euro Disneyland

Post by Valderra »

Tomorrow morning I will be off to Euro Disneyland. :D I loooove Disneyland and have been several times to the one in California and the Disneyworld in Florida, but have never been to the one near Paris. So I am really looking forward to it.

If I could, I would get a house in one of these places and live there forever. I just think that place is so enchanted.

Anyway, I won't be back until late Saturday so I will probably not be back here until Sunday. :shock:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

have fun! take pictures! : )
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Thanks Beo. I am looking forward to it.

Usually I forget my camera. LOL And even if I have it with me, I (also usually) don't take any pics because I don't want to look like a tourist. :D
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

I am back, folks !! Missed me? :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome back! How was it?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

funny, i have a friend who went there on saturday... and he did only 5 attractions ! about 2 hours waiting in the queue for each !
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Well Beo, it was below standard. LOL But we had a good time, even though it was cold and the sun never once showed its face.

And Linflas, that's why we went on Wednesday and went back home again on Saturday, because it would be unbearable on the weekend. :wink:

I have been to both the Disneyland in Anaheim, Cal. and to Disney World in Orlando and definitely would love to go back to the one in Orlando because there are so many other attractions to see as well. But I would never go back to Euro Disney. I have a long list of what should have been different but don't want to bore you with it. :lol:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It's your thread, bore away before it gets hijacked! : )
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Well, if you will go in winter...
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

I recently read in the local newspaper about plans to open a disney land or disney park near where i live.
The place is called Bad Aibling Station and the US Army abandoned it some time ago; now there they have multiple plans as to what to do with this site and one is, to construct a disney land there.
There are lots of large spherical buildings, they resemble giant golf balls. They want to merge the balls with the future park.here what the balls look like:
http://aib.de/station11.jpg
The giant golf balls have been a coverage and protection for large echolot systems or whatever. For real information or pictures have a look there:
http://kai.iks-jena.de/miniwahr/badaibling.html
I am not sure if this will really happen, because i cannot find any affirmation in the www.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Interesting. Nice scenery. The golf balls would have housed radars. We had a few in northern England at the infamous 'fylingdales' radar station, which is now owned by the US and serves as an early warning for incoming missiles. Lovely. Not a target then...
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

well... disney... lagging more and more every year... don't know for you but i think they should create some shrekworld or spongebob land instead of another disney... ;)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

A Dungeon Master world!
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

beowuuf wrote:It's your thread, bore away before it gets hijacked! : )
LOL Well, it was not so much the weather but the whole set-up of the park, and the "Village", which really just looked like someone dumped a few things onto an empty concrete carpark. Also, I have to say, the attitude of many of the staff didn't help. I never once saw a smiling or cheerful face. I don't want to go into details but because I can compare this place with the ones in the USA, all I can say that Euro Disney sucks really bad. And now I understand the negative feedback when people talk about the place. :shock: