okay 1 time clearly .. With dos box and dm2 and dmpatch ..

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Bradinwi

okay 1 time clearly .. With dos box and dm2 and dmpatch ..

Post by Bradinwi »

Hi I have seen un inteligble and just plain jumbled instructions for this the clearest ones ive found were in czech whcih doesnt help since i dont speak nor read it..:(
so with windows xp .. dosbox 63 and dm2.zip dm2 for pc and the patch...

how do i install the thing it is not possible to run install .exe since no dm2 ver 1.0 file has one.. the patch file does...

I have gotten dm2 to work great on my dosbox But have no way of knowing if its patched or pre patched since get this the patches are dated mid 1995 and the dm2.zip or rar files ive found are dated sometime in 1996...
boggle....

so one time clearly with feeling How does one install the game and patch...
and how do i tell if I even need the patch.. or are the .zip and rar files patched already???

thanks
bruttenberg@wi.rr.com
Valderra
Artisan

Re: okay 1 time clearly .. With dos box and dm2 and dmpatch

Post by Valderra »

Hi Bradinwi

Check out my first post in this link. And you don't need a patch. I didn't add a patch and DM2 works perfectly with the DOSBox.

Link: http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... sc&start=0
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

ive never tried dosbox for dm2, the program just doesnt like my comp for some reason o.o
Valderra
Artisan

Post by Valderra »

Well, it doesn't work without it if you are running on Win XP like I do. So you will need the DOSBox. :wink:

I still don't understand that I get sound in the beginning when you see the "movie" but then, when the game begins I get no sound. :roll:
Sera
*BLUE* not Purple

Post by Sera »

thats odd, very odd o.o