What am I missing?

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lee
Artisan

What am I missing?

Post by Lee »

Hi guys/girls, hope you're all good and well :wink:

I'm playing CSB on RTC and if I'm being frank, I'm rather embarressingly stuck already, and I've played this before and got much further when I was about 11! lol

So I chose the KU way first right. I have the Biter and the key that appears in the altar, I've killed the Munchers (obviously more respawn or whatever anyway), I've killed the Vexirks, killed the Mummies, killed the Knights, killed the Dragon, got the key from it, opened the Onyx treasure door on the Dragon level, opened all the shortcuts between monster rooms, (granted) I don't have the Skeleton Key but I don't think many people do at this point. I've killed the Antmen, killed the Oitus, found all the fake walls and the alcove behind one of them on the level just before the supposed Scorpion leading to DDD....

...I say supposed, because when I go up the stairs (or is it down?) I find no scorpion and the short passage just leads me back to the JOTW KU altar where I started from!

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, or I don't have something, or I DO have something that I shouldn't etc etc... any ideas?

*hangs head in shame*

P.S... I can send my saved game if I don't seem to be making any sense lol :P
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Is this the 'fighters charge' bit? After you kill the scorpion with the morningstar?
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

I haven't come across a scorpion yet, that's the part I'm trying to get to but for whatever reason don't seem able to do :?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

There is an illusionary wall next to the altar (KU) where you got the Key of B
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Lemme check.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

lol, what an idiot I am! Cheers Paul :roll:
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

LOL! You might find a Morningstar then hehe
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

Got it :P

Problem was it's been so long since I've played it from the beginning, after being in awe of this site and all the info about everything there is to know... I overthought it lol. I was looking on the maps too and couldn't find the place where I was and then soon as you tell me about the wall I found it on the map and proceeded to slap myself a little bit :D