graphics file error? (CSBwin)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

graphics file error? (CSBwin)

Post by Adamo »

when I enter the room, where suddenly 48 skeletons comes out (is teleported) into that room (12x4 monsters) and surrounds me, a game turns off after a while and 2 messages appears:
1. "Graphic Error"
"Object Desc byte 2 is too large. Graphics file error?"
2. "Error"
"System Error 23610. System Error."

is it because of the number of monsters on the screen at one time? what do I have to do with this?
I tested my custom on CSBversion9.8v59

[edit: same thing with CSBversion9.8v65]
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Is this in a custom dungeon? Custom graphics file? You'll need to provide more info, and I guess Paul will ask you to send him the files.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Yes. You will have to send me the game file and any
custom graphics files that you are using. Also give
me instructions as to how I can cause the error.

The code expects that byte to be less than 85. There
are only 85 types of monsters.
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

OK. with original graphics.dat it is working rather fine. The game crushed only once (without any message!), while I tried 3 or 4 times. now I`m going to compare my higly modified graphics.dat with the original one.
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

OK. I know what happened. I have changed one important skeleton attribute in ADGE (in "monster drops" editor). This editor can change things, that certain monster drops every time you kill him. It has 3 slots in for skeletons(although skeleton drops only 2 things: sword and shield), so I tried to fill 3rd slot (marked as "0"). In that case skeleton would THEORETICLY drop: sword, shield and other thing, that have I choosen. But it doesn`t work. When you kill skeleton, the game crashes (BUT!!! maybe you have different experiences???).
It seems that every monster, (that drops items automaticly), have item slot(s), that shows a number of items that he drops + onother one slot, that allways have to be empty.
I think there should be some warning in ADGE not to fill the last slot in "monster drops" editor, because it may cause game problems!
Not a problem for me, because my skeletons are not generated by monster generator on that level, so I can add that thing I want to them manually and it should work fine.[/i]
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler