Clean Death (CSBwin)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zyx
DSA Master

Clean Death (CSBwin)

Post by Zyx »

I'd like to kill a monster by changing its hitpoints withouth generating a deathcloud. Could it be possible to set the HP to -65535 for example? (after the monster's death the HP should be set to 0)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Since it's from zyx it should get listened too, but I'll add a 'that would be useful' vote to this - I remember asking for it in RTC too. At the time I thought of using it as a way of changing monster behaviour. You hit a non-attacking monster (or perhaps a giggler) and it will become aggressive, you maybe injure a creature enough and it will run away (because it is actually a different creature with same graphics dropped by the original). Etc etc

Also be useful to pretend a powerful enemy is constantly harrassign the party then teleporting away (when really you are killing it several times)
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

In RTC, you could replace the smoke graphics with blank ones., but that would mean that all monsters wouldnt have any death smoke (is that right?)

GG could you amend that for the cloning of monsters (to include custom death graphics - 2frames) then you could have monsters falling over and disappearing, etc, that could be cool.

A
Regards,

Andy
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

In RTC or CSBwin, changing the death cloud to something transparent would work, but for all cases. I want this effect in certain circumstances only.

Paul, could it be possible to change the number of monsters with &MONSTER! ?
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

If the number is reduced, I'd like the disappearing monster to stop existing: no death, no cloud, no racial items released. I wouldn't need the -65535 hitpoints option then.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Oh, boy. Ugly. I don't know where the monster is.
So I cannot delte him without searching the dungeon.
We could mark him invisible and remove him the next
time he tries to move. But you could still bump into him.

If you tell me where he is we could remove him with &DEL.
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

There are two cases:
1) Delete SOME monsters from a group a monster, leaving at least one; that is, reducing the number. Parameter 0 from &MONSTER@ needs to be read and write.
2) Delete the monster group. Could be done with &DEL.